Friday, April 4, 2014

D is for: Dances with Wools

Though not destined to be a blockbuster movie, Dances with Wools is a good name for me. I love to weave, and I love to knit. These are relaxing, zen-like activities that put me back into my happy-and-sane Maggie space. My family especially likes me to be in that space on a regular basis.

My knitting projects aren't normally made from terribly intricate patterns, but I have been known to accomplish stuffed animals, their clothes, and a child-sized sweater. I've started a sweater in my size. We'll see how that works out for me.

Weaving, oh, loved it right right away. The rigid heddle loom I have is just perfect for me. After some time of obsessively creating woven scarves and material which I made into purses and bags to sell, I decided to take a break for a while. Lately, when I walk past my loom, I hear, "Psst, Maggie, got a minute for an old friend?" Have the feeling I will soon.

I am a writer and love to write. But, when I need to slide into my optimal Maggie space, I go to the wools.

1 comment:

  1. I can totally see how the weaving/knitting would be zen-like. It's a very methodical, mind easing activity that you can lose yourself in. Love the title of this post..."Dances with Wools"!

    ReplyDelete